Cycle from Molopo Lodge in a circular route back to Molopo lodge over 4 days via the Botswana border,. You will be staying at Molopo Lodge, 2 x Bush lodges, and 1 night you will be camping in the middle of the Dunes where you will get a hot shower, ice cold beer and a great meal.
Each venue has its own character, and the routes are planned so that you will experience the best of the Kalahari without having to ride in soft sand.
|DATE||5-9 April 2023|
|VENUE||Molopo Lodge, close to Askham, Kalahari|
Red Dune branded Cycling shirt extra R1200 p
|ENTRY LIMIT||Limited to 20 entries|
You will cycle from venue to venue on mainly gravel roads, jeep tracks and sections of quiet tar roads. You will not cycle over sand dunes, but you will experience the red sand dunes where you be transported to the accommodation spot after the day’s ride and where you will stay in between the Dunes while your mountain bike are stored at a safe place.
Entry Fee Includes
- 4 Nights accommodation. 1 Night in Molopo Lodge, 2 nights in Bush Camp Lodges and 1 night camping in the Kalahari Red Dunes;
- 4 Days of riding;
- Branded fleece top
- Experience sleeping in the middle of the Kalahari Red Dunes;
- Experience cycling on the Botswana border
- All meals;
- Transport of your gear; and
- Permissions from private land owners.
Entry Fee Excludes
- Your own tent, stretcher and sleeping bag for 1 night;
- Alcoholic and other drinks;
- Transport to and from Molopo Lodge; and
|5 April 2023||14:00||Arrive at Molopo Lodge|
|18:00||Welcoming and drinks in the Bar|
|5-8 April 2023||Cycle through the Kalahari on gravel roads, saltpans, jeep tracks etc, no sand roads.|
Stay at a different venue each night.
All your gear will be transported to each overnight’s destination
Finishing every day with sundowners overlooking the Kalahari Red Dunes, a Saltpan or looking at the Game
|9 April 2023||After breakfast, cycle back towards cars|