You will experience red sand dunes and dry riverbeds, wide open skies and flat-topped acacia trees that symbolise the Kalahari Red Dune Route. The Kalahari Red Dune Route extends north of Upington into the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park that forms the borders with Namibia and Botswana which is also one of the largest conservation areas in the world. The red colour of the dunes in the southern Kalahari can be attributed to the high iron oxide content of the sand.
Each venue has its own character, and the routes are planned so that you will experience the best of the Red Dune Route of the Kalahari.
|DATE||10-16 April 2023|
|VENUE||Molopo Lodge, Askham, Kalahari|
|ENTRY LIMITS||Limited to 20 entries|
Entry Fee Includes
- 6 Nights Accommodation;
- 4 Days hiking;
- Branded fleece
- 1 Night accommodation and meals in the Kgalagadi National Park;
- 1 night at Kgalagadi Lodge
- All meals;
- Visiting The Lost City;
- Staying on Private Game Reserves
- Hiking over the Salt pans
- Experience the Camel Milking; and
- All permissions from private land owners.
Entry Fee Excludes
- Your own tent, stretcher and sleeping bag for 1 night;
- Transport to and from Molopo Lodge;
- Tips; and
- Wild Card fees in Kgalagadi National Park
- Travelling from venue to venue
Highlights of the Tour
- Experience the Red Dunes of the Kalahari;
- Hike over big flat pans of the Kalahari;
- Experience milking of the Camels;
- See The Lost City;
- Stay on Game Farms and go on Game Drives;
- Experience the hospitality of the Kalahari people;
- Hike over salt pans;
- Stay in the middle of the Red Sand Dunes;
- Hike close to the Botswana border; and
- Stay on the Namibia / RSA border
- Stay inside Kgalagadi National Park.
|10 April 2023||14:00||Arrive at Molopo Lodge|
|18:00||Welcoming in the Bar|
|11 April 2023||Travel with your own vehicle to our start venue.|
Day 1 of Hiking, lunch followed by sundowners and dinner.
|12-14 April 2023||Hiking through the Red Dune Route of the Kalahari, |
each night at a different venue, with overnight stops.
|15 April 2023||07:00||Breakfast|
|08:00||Game Drive in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.|
|Overnight stay in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park|
|16 April 2023||07:00||Breakfast|